WHO CAN USE THE COMPOST CENTER?
Effective January 1, 2018 use of the Compost Center is limited to City of Grand Ledge residents only. An annual pass in the form of a windshield sticker is required for entry. The annual pass is available at Grand Ledge City Hall (cash or check only), passes are no longer being sold on site at the compost center. There is a $25.00 cost for the annual pass and proof of residency is required in the form of a picture ID, along with either a voter ID card, property tax notice/receipt, or City of Grand Ledge water/sewer bill. An applicant may purchase a maximum of two annual passes at a cost of $25.00 for each pass.
- An attendant is onsite at the Compost Center during hours of operation and will oversee disposal of yard waste. All vehicles entering the facility must stop upon entering and display an annual pass to the attendant. The attendant will also check all loads to ensure only acceptable materials are dropped off.
- Yard Waste from commercial haulers and landscape contractors is not allowed.
- Dump trucks and dump trailers are not permitted in the compost center.
- See below for a list of items accepted and not accepted at the compost center.
WHO CAN USE THE RECYCLING CENTER?
There is no charge to access the recycling center. Please be sure that all materials have been cleaned and are sorted appropriately. The chart to the right shows what materials are accepted at the recycling center.
- Did you know? We accept a variety of batteries at the recycling center... PLEASE USE THE GUIDE BELOW FOR RECYCLING BATTERIES SAFELY!